‘MEDIA MATTERS’ PRESSURES HANNITY SHOW SPONSORS TO DROP OUT
Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore threatened Sunday night to sue The Washington Post over its report on his alleged sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl years ago.
Moore, speaking at an event, declared he would be suing WaPo over the “false” reports that he had sexual contact with a minor while he was in his 30s, reports CNN.
“The Washington Post published another attack on my character and reputation because they are desperate to stop my political campaign. These attacks said I was with a minor child and are false and untrue — and for which they will be sued,” Moore said at the Mid-Alabama Republican Club.
WaPo released a report last week citing four women who alleged either sexual contact or dating Moore when they were under 18. One of the women, Leigh Corfman, told the outlet that Moore undressed her and tried to get her to touch his genitals over his underwear during one such encounter.
Moore referred to the allegations as an attack on his character and denied giving alcohol to minors or having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl.
“This never happened. They know it never happened. If you abuse a 14-year-old, you shouldn’t be a Senate candidate. I agree with that,” Moore told Sean Hannity. “But I did not do that.”
WaPo declined to comment.
Send tips to email@example.com.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.